Learning the game of Poker is quite different than many other card games since the requirements needed to be successful a player involves a very good understanding of the rules, a lot of playing experience, endless patience, discipline, observation skills and the nerve in high pressure situations are all needed. Many variations are seen in poker, but they all aim at betting and winning. It is a popular game of strategy and luck, where one wrong move can make or break you. Here are 10 Simple Poker Tips that are sometimes forgotten but can go a long way when implemented:
1. While playing poker, you must have a set plan. It is important not to just react to the others around, but instead stick to your own plan. Being focused on your target will help you move ahead quickly.
2. Set a goal that is achievable and worthwhile. While winning is everyone’s basic goal, be more realistic in your approach. Even just cashing is not good. Set a goal that aims at the final table, as that is where the actual money is.
3. Do not end up playing each hand. A common mistake that all players tend to do is to play every hand regardless of the fact whether they have a fighting hand or not.. Premium cards will fetch you more money.
4. Just protecting your chip stack is not enough. Play to win. Your stack is a weapon to pressurise other players in the game.
5. Though you may not want the bubble to burst on your chances, you can always make use of bubble as a pressure against other players. As the bubble is nearing, other players will try to tighten in order to protect their chances.
6. Learning the player’s strategy is one of the most important poker tips. This will help you to strategise accordingly.
7. Though discerning the opponent’s player is important, it is also important that you should not get stuck to one pattern. This will make it easy for your opponent to understand your play, and he will hence play accordingly
8. Identify weak players early in the game. This will double or triple up your stack. These players will be the ones whose chips will be soon easily separated from them.
9. The most common mistake that players make is to bet on too many hands. Even if cards are not strong, they bet on every hand. This is the worst kind of play. Avoid such style of playing. If you have a bad hand, it’s sensible to fold, as there will be many more hands.
10. Bluffing is essential to play poker, but you must take care to not bluff too often as it will become obvious and hence other players might give a call.
One last tip that should be common sense but people fail to do, is avoid too much of alcohol. However tempting, avoid excessive drinking as it might cause you to make silly moves, not think rationally which could be harmful for your game. Keep your head clear to play properly.
Following these 10 Simple poker tips and it will help you to play right, and maximize your chances. You must put these poker tips into effect the next time you play poker; you will see the amount of difference it makes. Regular use of these tips will help you get confident and also get you closer and closer to winning more often.